Benefits of Polyaspartic CoatingsPenncoat Inc
Applications Of Polyaspartic Coating
Polyaspartic represents a class of binders which combines low VOC properties with high productivity and at the same time maintains the quality requirements of the users. The binders can help in lowering cost in many different ways. Polyaspartic is basically an aliphatic polyurea, but the coatings based on polyaspartic differ, not only in application, but also in performance properties compared to other conventional polyureas. Polyaspartic coatings were developed about 20 years ago for coating steel, in order to prevent corrosion. Its high performance led to experimenting as a concrete coating. Two components were mixed with each other like an epoxy, applied by rolling on a concrete surface. Also, colored pigments can be added and decorative quartz or chips can be broadcasted into the wet coat. The top coat that is encapsulated over the quartz and chips yields an ornamental result.
Polyaspartic coatings protect the concrete floors. It is known throughout the painting industry as a “sophisticated coating,” earning a respected reputation from industrial painting installers. This coating technology is usually used in top coat formulations, which are part of a corrosion protection coating system. They are used in various industries worldwide, given below are a few applications where it is being used:
- Rail Cars – Polyaspartic coating technology that is a direct to metal coating is extensively used in railcar painting, as it provides high performance protection as well as excellent color and gloss retention. With this, no primer coat is required, whether for a commercial painting or an industrial painting.
- Concrete – One of the ideal ways to protect concrete is through polyaspartic coating, as it can be applied easily. It offers stupendous durability, along with gloss retention and can be modified to fit some of the specific application needs as well.
- Bridges – Due to its ease of application and fast curing, this coating is preferred in bridge applications also. It proves to be cost saving and possess the ability to keep pace with the construction schedule.
- Wood Floors – Polyaspartic coatings are also preferred for wood flooring applications, as they can be easily applied. They can be easily customized to fit precise application needs.
- Light Poles – This is one of the common applications of polyaspartic coating. Light poles applications needs coatings that harden quickly, offering exceptional protection from discoloration. IT also enables graffiti to be easily and rapidly removed.
- Tunnels – Polyaspartic coatings are selected for tunnel applications because this material can be applied in low temperature, that too without any problem. It also provides fast cure productivity advantages to reduce construction time.
These are a few applications where the polyaspartic coating technology can be used in the most efficient and convenient way. As every food industry needs to obey the food manufacturing standards and pharmaceutical industry needs to obey the pharmaceutical manufacturing standards, likewise every other polyaspartic coating industry needs to obey the standards that are set in order to gain more profit and increase the traffic towards the product.